Living A Healthy Life With Chronic Conditions
Completely redesigned for easy reading and fully updated with the latest research and information on current practice, medication, legal matters, and specific conditions, this new edition of a vital resource is full of tips, suggestions, and strategies to deal with chronic illness and symptoms, such as fatigue, pain, shortness of breath, disability, and depression. It encourages readers to develop individual approaches to setting goals, making decisions, and finding resources and support so that they are able to do the things they want and need. Originally based on a five-year study conducted at Stanford University, this work has grown to include the feedback of medical professionals and people with chronic conditions all over the world. Aimed at letting people become self-managers of their own illness, this book's one simple goal is to help anyone with a chronic illness to live a productive, healthy life.
Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!
In The Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life!, Mayo Clinic provides up-to-date, clinically proven information that addresses the key causes of heart disease and provides clear, actionable advice in an easy-to follow format, including:
- The three key actions you can taken in a quick-start plan to help you jump-start your way to heart health
- A heart-health assessment to help you create your own customized plan
- An easy-to-follow program designed for life-long heart health
- Tools to help you determine your risk for heart disease
- Information on how to recognize symptoms of heart disease-and what to do about them
- Background on cholesterol's role and info on how you can minimize the effects of bad cholesterol and enhance your levels of good cholesterol
- How to talk to your doctor about heart concerns and what to expect during a medical evaluation
- How heart disease symptoms can be different in women, and other special concerns for women
- How to raise heart-healthy children
- …and more
Taking control: My plan for heart health
A programme designed by the Heart Foundation.
Finding out how healthy your heart is means you can take control and do something to reduce your risk of having a heart attack or stroke. By making some lifestyle changes you can improve your heart health, and your health and wellbeing in general. You don’t have to make big changes, small ones are a great start. This programme can help you achieve the changes that are important to you, to help your heart now and for your future. Involve your partner, whānau/family in this programme too – their support can really help.